25% off on group bookings at checkout
What will you learn? (Workshops content):
• You will learn to carve geometric patterns in wood with a knife using the chip carving technique.
• You will learn to design these patterns and how to transfer them to wood.
• You will learn the basics for the maintenance and sharpening of the knife.
• You will see the work of other professionals who practice Chip Carving.
• Final project (12h version) I will guide you to carve your own and first Chip Carving piece from a wood board. (Examples: Candle holder, decorative plaque)
What does the workshop include? (Materials)
• 12h of workshop time with Bernat Mercader (Instructor). 4 sessions of 3h a day.
• 6h of workshop time with Bernat Mercader (Instructor). 1 session of 6 hours or 2 sessions of 3 hours a day.
• Includes 1 Chip carving knife, previously sharpened. You take it home, it will be yours.
• 1 Practice board of 10x25x1cm (basswood). Design included. It can be carved on both sides.
• 1 piece of wood 10x10x1cm (basswood). In it you will learn to apply your own designs.
• Different patterns already designed for you to continue practicing at home.
• Grid sheets, ruler, compass and other materials to design patterns.
• Material for the maintenance of the knife.
• Non refundable. The workshop may be postponed to other dates by communicating the change at least 3 (three) days before the reserved date. Make sure you make the right reservation. Refunds will only be made with official written proof of medical reasons. If you have any doubts feel free to contact me.